Dr Charles A. Ameh (MBBS, MPH, DRH, FWACS-OBYGN)
Dr Charles A. Ameh (MBBS, MPH, DRH, FWACS-OBYGN) is a Clinical Lecturer and deputy Head Centre for Maternal and Newborn Health at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
He has over 20 years experience in the field of maternal and newborn health both as Researcher, and Obstetrician on several health care programmes across Africa, and Asia. He is the principal investigator on several research grants carried out in these regions.
Charles’s experience includes:
- Designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of capacity building programmes in middle and low income countries
- Needs assessments used for designing, planning, monitoring and improving programme effectiveness and value for money
- Systems strengthening: effective programme design, strategic planning and leadership and overhaul of organisational systems to improve impact and outcomes
- Monitoring, Evaluation and operations research: Emergency Obstetric Care, quality improvement,Maternal health programmes that aim to get evidence into practice, through innovative context specificrecommendations for improvement.
- Global experience leading the implementation and operations research under the ‘Making it Happen’ programme in sub Saharan Africa and South Asia
- Specific country experience includes: Ghana, India, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Pakistan, Kenya,Sierra Leone, South Africa, Somaliland, Tanzania, UK and Zimbabwe